Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Comparison of roast pork

Pete C. wrote:

Tonight, Mrs Nonny and I are going to make two pulled pork sandwiches
with slaw on them. One will be my smoked butt and the other my friend's
version. We'll cut each sandwich in half, giving ourselves half of
each. We both usually sprinkle our sandwiches with spicy vinegar, but
for the taste test tonight, I think we'll start out "dry," at least at
first.

It should be interesting.

--
---Nonnymus---
You donít stand any taller by

Besides the technique differences, I'm not sure you have much of a valid
comparison between a butt and a loin.

True, but we'll be able to tell which we prefer in a sandwich. My
guess is that'll we'll prefer the traditional butt, since that's what we
grew up with, but it'll be fun to do the side-by-side comparison.

Nonny