Posted to alt.food.barbecue
jOhN jOhN is offline

Default Brisket: dry flat, point heaven

wrote:
> Clearly, the cryo packer cut brisket from China Mart will have to do
> as the only other market to carry the cut in my area wants $4.00 a lb
> (WTF)!
> So, to further improve my brisket cooking (without the use of foil) I
> am turning to the list.
>
> My issue: By the time the point is done the flat seems "well done".
>
> - Do I need to separate the point from the flat prior to cooking?
>
> I run my pit temps in the 250 - 300 degree range. Lump charcoal,
> offset NB Silver Smoker/BD
>
> Rob
> Q for all so long as it's not parboiled ribs.

I haven't done many briskets but I had good results last weekend. Check
out my post on alt.binaries.food

Note that I was taking the point temp, went to 190F, but the flat was
not dry. If I had to guess I would say lower your cooking temp and
extend the cooking time.

This weekend I'm doing a pork butt roast for pulled pork.

jOhN