Wayne Boatwright

Default what type of glaze for lighter color

"Alan" > wrote in
:

> thanks wayne,it works after I applied egg white only.
> oso i was told to mix whole egg wash wif milk to get lighter color,is
> there a percentage ration you know how to mix them?
> cos I don't want to waste the egg yolk if i only use the egg white.
> alan

>> > %4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns
>> > dark.
>> >

>> Uh, that should have been - Try egg white by itself...

I don't think mixing the yolk with milk will help much, since both
contain protein which darkens with baking. I would try mixing the yolk
with water instead 2-3 tablespoons of water per yolk. It will still be
darker than the egg white alone.

Wayne