Posted to rec.food.historic,rec.food.restaurants
Lazarus Cooke Lazarus Cooke is offline

Default "Optional service charge"

In article >, Christophe
Bachmann > wrote:

> French cuisine ain't no rubbish, but it ain't cheap either. Here in
> France we can find Subway, McDonalds, and a lot of kebab, but for fine
> fresh local products you got to pay 15-20 $ at least (15% compulsory
> service charge included)

Okay Christophe, are you going to say that if you were about to be
stuck for a couple of days in the middle of Nevada, or in, say, the
massif centrale, that you believe that, stuck in a small hotel meant
for commercial travellers, you'd eat better in the midwest of the usa
than in france?

Lazarus

ps are you biased? Are you a wee bitty american?
I am.