Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Your value picks for September

On Sep 5, 6:40?pm, DaleW > wrote:
> Oops, once again I let this slip. This is the (supposedly) monthly
> posting formerly entitled "QPR Wines for (fill in the month)" .
>
> Please post up to 5 under $20 wines that you thought were a great
> value and feel others should look for.
> 1) I'd encourage each poster to limit themselves to one post of 5 or
> less value wines per month, to keep things from being dominated by a
> few.
> 2) Please just post the wines, with little commentary. This might be
> hard on verbose people like myself, but might encourage those who
> might otherwise be hesitant (if 7 people posted before you, each with
> detailed tasting notes, might not feel as comfortable just posting
> your wine). Certainly feel free to start a thread of your tasting
> impressions of any wine(s) and be as verbose as you want!
> 3) No bashing of others' suggestions. Let's try to be supportive as
> possible. It's fine to ask questions re wines you're interested in.
> 4) Please try to be sure that the wines you suggest are reasonably
> available (wines available at only at one store, that you bought 4
> years ago, or only available at a winery is less valuable as a monthly
> resource)
> 5) There should be a 2 month limit on posting any wine. This will
> ensure the list is a bit fresher.
>
> Looking forward to everyone's suggestions!

OK, this one is tough, actually drank a lot of great under $20 (and
under $10) wines lately. I decided as fall approaches to not post
roses (not that I'll stop drinking them!). And I didn't post some
things I got one-time deals on, even if they're good deals at regular
prices.

2006 Berger Gruner Veltliner (Kremstal) $9/Liter (so equivalent to
$6.75 bottle)
2005 Lafond "Roc-Epine" Cotes du Rhone $9
2004 La Casaccia "Casa Poggeto" Grignolino del Monferrato. $10
2001 ESJ Wylie Fenaughty, $16
2005 Vissoux (Pierre-Marie Chermette) "Poncie" Fleurie $17