Bob

Default Want recipe for hard Italian rolls

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:54:19 GMT, "Dick Adams" >
wrote:

>> rolls used for subs in South Boston thirty of so years ago
>> which were quite different.

>(Could the Schlotsky Bun be substituted?? -- "Bob" is working
>on that.)

Not any more. I can make sourdough that is far better than anything
Schlotzsky's has to offer. The technique to making bread with such an
open crumb is to make it very slack.

>(How do you think a Baloney Sandwich on a Schlotsky Bun,
>served with Kimchee, would go over in South Boston?)

Not baloney, fer crap sakes. You put deep-fried lemon-herb catfish on
a sourdough bun.

And once you get hooked on kimchi, you will want it at every meal as
well as for a snack.

Why are all the really great tasting things in life fermented, such as
beer, sourdough, kimchi, etc.?

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/