Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default oil-less turkey fryer

John Reber wrote:

> Alton Brown on FoodTV showed a turkey fryer going up. I never seen
> anything so out of control so fast. He lowered the turkey into a too
> full pot of oil, the oil overflowed onto the flames and instantly flared
> up, a second later the line to the propane tank ruptured and flames were
> shooting out everywhere.
>
> He did of course have a fire team standing by to extinguish it.

I'm not one of the safety "nuts" who sees danger around every corner.
However, I do not own a turkey fryer and despite enjoying fried turkey,
I don't want one, either. They strike me as being inherently dangerous.

Of course, I also remember the hot dog cookers of the 60's that banks
and S&L's would give away for opening an account. Essentially, they
were a pair of spikes facing one another, inside a plastic box. You
would impale a hot dog across the tips and 120v current from an outlet
would pass through the hot dog and heat it up. Of course, if you opened
the lid and grabbed the hot dog without unplugging the device. . . <grin>

--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by