Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default Cook-Along planned for Chris's New Mexico Cook-in!

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 18:27:25 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
wrote:

>"TammyM" > wrote in message
> I got sideswiped by an enormous work project
>> that will easily take me through next week and beyond. But even more
>> than that, I had an "episode" post-bike-commute whereby I managed to
>> TWICE pass out. Smacked my head on the asphalt both times and have
>> some impressive lumps on my head to prove it. Had to go to the ER for
>> a CT scan to rule out "brain bleed" (wouldn't YOU go to the ER if your
>> doctor told you that had to be ruled out???!?) Diagnosed with a
>> concussion and a "helluva pair of cranial goose eggs". And a MIGHTILY
>> sore tailbone!
>>

>.
>>
>> Hard-headed TammyM

>Sorry to hear about your Fall.
>
>Tammy, this happened to me about 10 years ago -- I had a good bike, got on
>it after some time off, within 2 minutes, I landed face down in a ditch of
>water. DH was standing by -- I can't recall if he was laughing. He wasn't
>sure whether to pick me up or not .

I have a road bike for my minimum 20-mile RT commute. It's a
Litespeed. The only time I have ever "crashed" on it was when I
forgot I was locked into the pedals and fell over a la Artie Johnson
in Laugh-In (who, I believe, was riding a TRICYCLE, Victor!).

>I decided I couldn't handle the bigger bike, so I bought a mountain bike,
>got on it and went down again. That was it -- I must've forgotten how to
>ride.
>
>You take care -- wear your helmets, one for your head and one for your butt.

I always wear my helmet when I bike alone. Sadly, there is no
protection for one's ass, they couldn't even put it in a sling for me
:-(

TammyM