Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default Cook-Along planned for Chris's New Mexico Cook-in!

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:53:42 +0200, (Victor Sack)
wrote:

>TammyM > wrote:
>
>> But even more
>> than that, I had an "episode" post-bike-commute whereby I managed to
>> TWICE pass out. Smacked my head on the asphalt both times and have
>> some impressive lumps on my head to prove it. Had to go to the ER for
>> a CT scan to rule out "brain bleed" (wouldn't YOU go to the ER if your
>> doctor told you that had to be ruled out???!?) Diagnosed with a
>> concussion and a "helluva pair of cranial goose eggs". And a MIGHTILY
>> sore tailbone!

>Switch to a tricycle. :-p

<snip>

I said POST bike commute. Didn't fall off on the bike, passed out on
accounta... oh never mind.... :-P yourself, Azazello

TammyM

ObFood:

BBQ Tofu Sandwiches
a.. 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu (frozen and then thawed)
b.. 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
c.. 1 onion, thinly sliced
d.. 1 1/2 cups bottled BBQ sauce (more or less to taste)
e.. 6 hamburger buns
Heat half the oil in skillet, add onions and saute. Meanwhile, press
the block of tofu between paper towels until most of the water comes
out. Slice the tofu into 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick slices. Press the
slices one last time w/ paper towels. When onions are translucent,
move
them to the edge of the skillet. Add the rest of the oil, turn up the

heat a little, and add the tofu slices. Fry until golden brown on
both
sides.

Add the BBQ sauce, turn the heat to low, and let cook for ten minutes.

Let everything get nice and saucey, then pile onto hamburger buns and
eat.