Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default Cook-Along planned for Chris's New Mexico Cook-in!

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:28:53 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

<snip>

>The "big day" for the "New Mexico Cook-Along for Chris's Cook-in" is
>this Sunday, September 2, 2007. No rules or a particular time for
>Sunday's cook-along, just make whatever you'd like to bring if it were
>possible to be there in person (I would be there too, but I haven't won
>the lottery, yet). Then, everyone can share their virtual dishes with
>everyone else in the #rec.food.cooking chatroom, which I'm sure will be
>hopping with a lot of buzz about the goings-on and food and drink(s).
>The more, the merrier!

My plan was to be there. I got sideswiped by an enormous work project
that will easily take me through next week and beyond. But even more
than that, I had an "episode" post-bike-commute whereby I managed to
TWICE pass out. Smacked my head on the asphalt both times and have
some impressive lumps on my head to prove it. Had to go to the ER for
a CT scan to rule out "brain bleed" (wouldn't YOU go to the ER if your
doctor told you that had to be ruled out???!?) Diagnosed with a
concussion and a "helluva pair of cranial goose eggs". And a MIGHTILY
sore tailbone!

Sigh. I'm just gonna take care of myself this w/e. You lot have fun,
I'm with ya in spirit.

Hard-headed TammyM