Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default oil-less turkey fryer

Brick wrote:
> On 31-Aug-2007, "Moe Jones" > wrote:
>
>> "The Big Easy" the oil-less turkey fryer that uses infrared energy
>> instead
>>
>> of hot oil
>>
>> http://charbroilgrilling.com/?p=295
>>
>> Times are a changing.
>>
>> --
>> Moe Jones

> I'll pass thank you. I don't see how this $150 gadget which requires
> storage space can improve on my rotisserie and smoker. Speed
> is not much of a benefit.

Thanks for the price. I never checked on it.

But I still think it cool to see what they are coming out with. I like you
use my smoker on my turkeys but I can see where you do not have to hassle
with all that oil.

When I have done the oil fried turkey, I would share the cost of the peanut
oil with others and not worry about cleaning up and saving the oil. I do
have to say I would think it is safer to use when you hear of persons that
are pulling the turkey out of the container when the handle breaks and the
turkey drops back in the hot oil and burns the person. :-(
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician