Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Dave Allison Dave Allison is offline

Default Blending Wine From Kits

Well, I had a Shiraz that was kinda weak, so I put in 18% Cabernet and
it is a nice table wine.
I tried mixing Pinor Noir with Cab and it wasn't good to me.
Syrah is good with Cab. - I think I mixed 20% syrah to the cab.
Zinfandel and Pinot Noir I tried 30% Zin to the Pinot -- washed out the
Pinot - not good.
That's my experiences.
Have fun experimenting. Oh, and I experiment by mixing ounces, not
bottles, keeping track of the proportion. Like I'll have 4 glasses, each
with 2 ounces of one wine, then experiment by adding x ounces of another
wine. This saves wine. smile. DAve
What brand kits do you do? I"m mostly doing WinExpert - they seem a
little better than others. What do you think?
DAve