Old 29-08-2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default preserving baked goods

In article . com,
Forbeo wrote:

Does anyone have tips for preserving packaged baked goods without
using preservatives in the dessert itself? We have been trying to add
to the shelf life of our products without adding artificial
preservatives to the ingredients.

Any information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

F. Orbeo

Try a food scientist. There's a Usenet newsgroup -- something like
sci.bio.food-science. I believe they have a document they like you to
read before posting. And they're strictly what newsgroups are supposed
to be about the topic of the group.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - Fair baking