Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default The Thirteenth Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

In article > ,
"Anny Middon" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > Here are my competition results this year at the Great Minnesota
> > Get-Together:
> >
> > Thirteen entries of 20 canning entries placed.
> >

> Way to go, Barb! A ribbon at the Minnesota fair is equal to at least two
> ribbons at many other fairs, since you get so many entries.
>
> Hope weather has been kind to you with last week's storms. Our power went
> out on Thursday at 3:30 PM, just about exactly concurrent with the start of
> the storm. Came back on at 7:00 this morning. Freezer goods all a loss,
> but of course canned goods are just fine.
>
> Anny

Oh, crud! Sorry about your freezer losses! Some years ago we were out
for 3-4 days, I think but didn't lose anything -- kept the door closed
and shared the neighbor's generator. We've since bought a generator ‹
never used, but it provides a sense of comfort.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - Fair baking