Old 27-08-2007, 03:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S Alan S is offline

Default salt

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:15:35 -0400, Alan
wrote:

bobby wrote:
My friends dad has a heart problem. Would a seasalt product be ok, such
as the one in the link below? I might be in the wrong N.G., but if
anyone knows please reply....thanx
http://www.natural-salt-lamps.com/ed...tal-salts.html

I use a potassium salt instead of the normal sodium salts. In addition
to it not raising my blood pressure, it helps with my potassium
deficiency (your friend's father may wind up needing potassium
supplements depending on what type of medications he is given for his
heart problem).

- Alan

I also use potassium salt, in an attempt to minimise night
cramps. However, I use very little salt of any sort in my
cooking.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com