Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge Joan  and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge is offline

Default recipe: broccoli

Glad some of the recipes seemed to be well received .

This combination in the broccoli recipe is simple but delicious. All
ingredients good for you for a variety of health issues.

Joan's Special Broccoli

2 Lbs broccoli florets
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Minced garlic (optional)

Steam the florets crisp tender. Add olive oil as desired to taste ( I use
about 1/4 cup ), squeeze on juice of fresh lemon and add salt and pepper to
taste. Stir in the toasted walnuts. You can mince in a clove of fresh garlic
if desired. Serves 6.

Note: I use the microwave to toast the walnuts.