Posted to alt.food.sushi
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Shrimp Sauce or other dipping or "drizzle" sauces.

On Aug 17, 12:52 pm, The Fisherman > wrote:
> Quite often, I have rolls that have a sauce drizzled over them in a
> beautiful display and also adding a wonderful taste to the roll
> sections.
>
> Does anyone here have any recipes for sauces they've made and used for
> similar purposes?

With the spammer that's posting all the MI crap, I thought perhaps no
one saw my post. I found a recipe on the net:

Japanese Shrimp Sauce

This is the shrimp sauce found in Japanese steakhouses. It is sweet
and pinkish-orangish in color. You can substitute fat-free mayo,
butter, and 0-calorie sugar, and it still tastes great.

yield:
1 1/4 cups

INGREDIENTS

1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3/8 teaspoon garlic powder

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, white sugar, rice vinegar, melted
butter, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.