Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Baked frittata?

In article >,
"Felice Friese" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Felice Friese" > wrote:
> >
> >> Most of the recipes I have call for cooking frittata on the stove top and
> >> then perhaps giving it a quick broil. I'm looking for one I can do
> >> entirely
> >> in the oven. Does anyone have a favorite? I would prefer a tested one
> >> because I won't have time to give it a try before I serve it to guests on
> >> Sunday. Thankew.
> >>
> >> Felice

> > Yes.
> >
> > Google for Quiche. ;-)

> Thanks, Om, for suggesting that I check out the 5,700,000 quiche recipes on
> Google, but I consider quiches to be more of a custard dish, and frittatas
> to be omelets. Also, as I noted, I was looking for a tested recipe and
> figured someone's favorite would be nicer for my guests than a random choice
> from among Google's 1,430,000 frittata recipes :-)
>
> Felice

<lol> Sorry, it's just when I think Baked Frittata, I think of crustless
quiche. :-)

Since I live low carb, the crust is out of the question.

I'd whip together a mix of egg, carmelized onions, mushrooms and maybe a
bit of tomato and cheese...

Put that in the cast iron skillet or glass baking dish, top with a bit
of grated parmesan and bake at about 350 until it's firm and a toothpick
pulls out clean. I'd check it at 35 minutes and go from there.

It's been awhile tho'.

Last time we made this was for a potluck about 8 years ago and we made
two nice big ones from the contents of two large fresh Ostrich eggs from
a local ranch. I was selling the clean shells on ebay.

There were no leftovers...

Ostrich and emu eggs tend to cook up a bit lighter and fluffier than
chicken eggs. Same for Duck eggs.

Quiche's for us were never a custard dish. We kept it simple.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.