Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Baked frittata?

"notbob" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
> On 2007-08-22, Giusi > wrote:
>>
>> This is more a sformato than a frittata.

> How so? From what I've googled, a sformato comes up everything from a
> flourless cake to a souffle to a timbale.

It really just means deformed, and often the veg version is offered as a
vegetable side dish and can be much as she posted or custardy, whatever.
What it isn't is fried. Sorry, but I think frittata is fried until just the
top needs solidifying. I love both with sformato taking a small edge
because it seems lighter.

Perhaps Vilco will correct me and tell me he bakes his all the time and that
fritta and frittata have nothing in common.