Old 22-08-2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Felice Friese Felice Friese is offline

Default Baked frittata?

"Echo" wrote in message
. ..
"Felice Friese" wrote in message
. ..
Most of the recipes I have call for cooking frittata on the stove top and
then perhaps giving it a quick broil. I'm looking for one I can do
entirely in the oven.

I've used this basic recipe for at least 10 years. Basically, it's sautee
your veggies and meat, then add eggs. Remove from heat and pop in 350
degree oven for about 25 minutes.

Okay, that's not entirely in the oven, so I dunno if it will meet your
needs or not. I guess if your veggies and meat are already cooked, you
could just mix the stuff up, dump it in a skillet, and stick it in the
oven for 25-30 minutes. I usually like to sautee onions and mushrooms and
garlic to add to the frittata anyway, though.

Here's the specific recipe. (From a 1997 issue of Glamour, as embarrassing
as that is to admit. LOL!)

This recipe happens to be for ham and cheese frittata, but I usually just
use whatever I have left over in the fridge.

1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 C chopped scallions
6 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz grated fontina or whatever cheese
3 oz cooked ham, stripped or cubed

From Glamour? Sounds good to me and I'm sure it will look gorgeous.! A bit
of a saute ahead of the oven time is not a problem; I just didn't want to be
hovering over a stove-top frittata while the others are sipping Bloody
Marys. Thanks.

Felice