Samartha Deva

Default Friends of Carl Starter and Liquid Starter

wrote:

> Mixing two different starters will probably result in the dominant starter
> killing the other. Stablished sourdough starters have anti-biotic properties.
> Which will survive is probably guesswork.

Probably true when you continue growing them.

One observation in this context:

(I think, that's also on my web site somewhere)

When I refresh my starters every two month, I get something like 1 - 2
quarts of overflow starter since I take something out and add again and
I keep rye and white starters separated.

At one point, I had this mixture of rye starters and it smelled
tempting. So I made bread with it and the taste was just extraordinary
great.

That's one of my future projects to get more into this.

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one
SD page is the