Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] is offline

Default Cruel Irony

Cruel irony this week came in the form of an overabundant pecan
crop-to-be.

We came out of a nearly two-year drought this summer. The drought
ended decisively when more than 2/3 the normal annual rainfall
happened in six weeks.

The local pecan trees, stressed by the previous months of drought,
have bounced back assertively with thousands of huge green pecans on
them, waiting to drop in October. But the weight is too great. I'm
losing limbs almost daily. This afternoon we came home to see a major
one had snapped under the load while we were in Dallas.

Cruel irony = the pecan harvest will be diminished because there are
too many pecans and they're too big.
--

modom