Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN 2004 Leoville Barton

Last night we grilled a huge (3") ribeye as well as some corn,
accompanied by a watercress salad. Wine was the 2004 Ch. Leoville-
Barton (St. Julien). Surprisingly open from the git-go (is that a real
word?). Rich, fleshy, ripe but with an acidic backbone. Tannins are
fine and ripe. Mostly cassis fruit, with a note of sweet licorice.
Some graphite on the finish. Lovely Medoc with lots of potential, I
need to cellar my remaining ones, but wow it's lovely now. Maybe I
should get more. I saved one glass for several hours later, still
showing fresh and structured,with some mocha notes. Best 2004 I've
tried. A-

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency