Bob

Default Help with dead liquid starter needed!

On 15 Oct 2003 18:35:52 GMT, Ignoramus4027
> wrote:

>I merely asked a question. If tons of chlorinated water pass through
>the filter, then where does the chlorine go. I have no specific
>knowledge of your filter, I just find it surprising if it could
>"remove" chlorine.

I am afraid that is one of those existential mysteries of life. For
all I know the activated charcoal traps it. Or the filter converts it
to something that attaches itself to the other crud in the water.
Unfiltered Houston water is rich in everything known to man that can
be found in water. You can use it untreated to nourish your worm farm.

>To really remove chlorine, boil the water or just let it stand in an
>open container for a while.

I am afraid that is not good enough for Houston water. You still have
to put it thru a charcoal filter.

>just boil water if you feel conscious or you have too much chlorine in
>it... I do not but that's because I am lazy. 4-5 minutes per loaf is
>all I can handle.

I think I will just buy that gallon jug of distilled water for 50
cents.