Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Truthful Assh0le The Truthful Assh0le is offline

Default Scone recipe for working mums

On Aug 16, 9:01 am, (Phred) wrote:
> Staff of a local organisation had their annual "scone off"
> competition recently. The winning entry was a "savoury scone" with a
> bit of chili etc -- not what *I* would call a real scone, but I wasn't
> there to disqualify it. :-)

Besides, you're utterly unqualified.

> The recipe that appealed to me was so simple it was absurd. The admin
> officer who "created" it justified it on the basis "Working mums need
> to do things easily and quickly." It didn't win, but I might even try
> it out if I ever get a working oven again.

Do they use the phrase, White Trash, in Oz?

> So, what's this secret recipe? As told to me _en passant_ in the
> corridors of power, so to speak:
>
> Ingredients:
> 3 cups self raising flower
> 1 can Campbells pumpkin soup.
>
> Method:
> Mix ingredients. Divide into convenient bits and space out on tray.
> Bake until done.
>
> Result:
> A harvest of pumpkin scones!

Proof that crappy cooking isn't exclusively American.

> (If Flo was dead she would be turning in her grave! Come to think of
> it, if she hears about this she'll probably hand in her chips!)

What? You know someone named Flo who actually has standards when it
comes to cooking?

> Cheers, Phred.

--Bryan