Posted to alt.food.wine
Vilco[_1_] Vilco[_1_] is offline

Default TN Lambrusco by the river

DaleW wrote:

> (non-vintage I believe) Barbolini Lambrusco (Modena). Just a bit
> frizzante, enough to froth on pouring but not especially noticable as
> one was drinking. Rather dark purple color, this is surprisingly a
> bit tannic.

Always more tannic lambrusco'es out there, it must be a matter of longer or
rougher (with clusters) maceration, but some tannins are somewhat common in
lambrusco coming from grasparossa grapes and in others, too. Recently I
sampled a lambrusco that had some tannin, but it came from Maestri grapes,
one of the most common grapes in Reggio Emilia county. Should find the
producer and start asking questions, only ten years ago tannins in lambrusco
were only in grasparossa now they're everywhere.
I truly hope it's not due to tannin powders
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'