Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Paul E. Lehmann Paul E. Lehmann is offline

Default Is anyone out there doing Extended Maceration?

Joe Sallustio wrote:

> Dick,
> To add to Paul's comment I think a more common
> term is 'pumping
> over'. They take a hose close to the bottom of
> the fermenter and pump it over the cap until it
> mushes up the cap.
>
> Joe

Ya, that is correct. When I worked at a
commercial winery we had a screen basket on top
of the fermentation bin and pumped from the
bottom and sucked up the seeds and let the wine
splash over the cap and then threw away the
seeds.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.