Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] is offline

Default Does WalMart really have good meats?

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:27:50 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Kswck" > wrote in message
>> The few times I have had meats from Walmart they have been rather tough.
>> Eye round was shoe leather-yeah, I know it should be braised.
>> Skirt steak tasted like broiled jerky.
>> Are there any types of meats that are better than others from Walmart; any
>> to really stay away from?

>Wal Mart meat sucks. Avoid it and be happy. If you want a good cut at
>reasonable prices, go to BJ's, Costco, or a good local butcher. The only
>meat they have worth buying is packer cut briskets for making barbecue.
>Everything else is low grade, enhanced with salt solutions and not worth
>considering.

In general, I agree, but it's the only place in Cow Hill -- or in the
county for that matter -- where I can get bison. And bison is good,
even if it's from Wallyworld.
--

modom