Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wooden Cutting Board Help

kilikini wrote on Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:37:35 -0400:

??>>
k> Unfortunately, I'm the dishwasher in this house. :~)
k> Maybe I should be looking into getting a plastic cutting
k> board then? This particular wood cutting board has some
k> sentimental value. It was made by my husband's uncle, so
k> we'd like to somehow keep it. Do you recommend switching to
k> plastic?

Maple boards can look beautiful but I am convinced that plastic
ones are more sanitary and a bleach/detergent solution can be
used to sterilize them if washing by hand. There is usually
quite a choice of long-lasting plastic boards in places like
Bed, Bath and Beyond etc.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: