William Prien

Default Pushy or Pampering?

I think that service it the main reason we go to restaurants.
You want to be waited on, pure and simple!
I think the best service is indeed attentive, available, yet
non-disruptive to your party's enjoyment of the meal. Your
server/waiter/wine person,etc, should always be nearby should you need
them. There is nothing more frustrating than needing something during
the course of a meal and then having to flag down someone on the
staff! Your service staff should be paying close attention to your
table and anticipate the diner's needs.
Of course, the better restaurants should have the better service
shouldn't they? Well, this is not the case at all, as I'm sure many of
you have noticed.
I have dined in restaurants all over the USA and Europe. Of course I
recall much good food, but I really remember the overall restaurant
experiences, and especially the service.
A few years ago, we vacationed in Charleston, SC. to attend then
Spoleto Music Festival.
We had the most wonderful meals there! Great seafood! She-Crab soup
was great!
We visited some terrific local restaurants, nothing really too fancy,
but great Southern food! The service was great in every place. They
really cared about making your meal an enjoyable experience.
No matter how good the food might be, I won't return to a place that
gave me lousy service!
Just my two cents......

William