Tamara

Default Restaurant Quality

Monika,

It is too bad that your experience at that chain restaurant was not up
to par. I have heard many horror stories like that. However, I find
that the actual problem is due to the back house staff. Cooks are
being hired at younger ages, and many of them regard cooking as a
means to an end. So there is a lot of turn over, and it becomes
difficult to hire well trained staff to cook.

In my area I have noticed an alarmingly increasing demand for cooks.
People are willing to train because few individuals can deal with the
stress, heat and procedures. I'm sure that the franchisee did not
teach the cooks to give the customer cold ribs, or over-battered fish.
It's just too bad that supervisors can't catch all of the poorly done
items that come out of the kitchen.