Posted to alt.food.wine
Steve Slatcher Steve Slatcher is offline

Default Q: least acidic red wine

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:35:10 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
> wrote:

>Steve Slatcher wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:25:31 -0400, "Paul E.
>> Lehmann" > wrote:
>>
>> I'd have given the same advice regardless of my
>> mood. Can you fault it?
>>
>> I chose to open a Vasse Felix Chardonnay last
>> night BTW.
>>

>Yes, I can fault it. It was not only rude but
>uninformative. The OP came here for information,
>not to be put down.

No rudeness was intended, and I apologise to the OP if he was
offended.

>It would be helpful for the OP to find out exactly
>is causing his problem with red wine. It is
>possible it is the tannin and not the acid.

Yes. Others also pointed out that tannins were probably were the
problem. I assumed he was reading the other bits or the thread too.

If he follows the route of chosing low tannin red wine, he may well
find that he is not getting the health benefits he is expecting. It
sounds to me that the health benefits he is seeking are probably due
to precisely the substances that are giving him a bad stomach. But
neither you nor I know what benefits he is seeking from the red wine,
or why he thinks, or was told, that would be better for him than
white.

So that is the long version of my original post, but it boils down to
the same advice.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher