Jeremy

Default Restaurant Quality

Kim Wolf wrote:

> I have only been in the culinary field for a little over a year but I have
> experienced many new flavors and tastes which I guess you could say have
> made me a little more food taste savvy. I am shocked regularly when I
> prepare something fairly extravagant for family or friends only to have the
> best comment be "oh, it was good", usually only after I ask. Then they will
> flip over a chocolate cake made from a box mix and some canned frosting. I
> guess its just what you get used to.

A lot of people would rather have safe experiences that do not stretch
their boundaries, than be challenged to form an opinion. Gallo sold a
lot of wine based on that theory and now is trying to change its profile
to that of a fine wine producer.

I ran into the same thing with people preferring a hollandaise mix over
me making it from scratch. Not much you can do but to continue pleasing
yourself in the kitchen.

JJ