pan

Default Uncorking fees at restaurants w/o liquor licenses

"Anthony" > wrote in message

> "Anthony" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Afta12345" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Did it ever occur to you that the
> > > fee bothered me because I considered it wrong *on principle*?

> > Ah yes, nothing like good old "principle" for justifying ****ing people
> > over.
> >

> It occurs to me that new readers may not know, and old readers may have
> forgotten, what this is all about. The OP is outraged that certain
> unlicensed restaurants propose a $5 corkage fee. For this they will

provide
> glasses, open and pour the wine, do the washing up, clean up any spills

and
> replace any breakages. In his opening salvo he urged us all to join with
> him in boycotting restaurants who engage in this nefarious practice thus
> bringing them to their knees and their senses. "On principle", of course

so
> that makes it okay. I said he was a cheap asshole. I now say he's a

cheap
> and prolix asshole. Self-justifying to boot.

<warning>
pent up anger about tipping

****ing restauartant owners won't pay wait staff adequate wages
and
customers are supposed to carry the cost of this rip off ???

****ing wait people and restaurant business are to sastify the
paying cusomers - not the other way arouind

you want our business you make us happy

if I (the customer) is expected to pay the difference between
an adequate livingw wage and what the restaurants will pay
then I expect gratitiude and excellent service
plus
If I'm not happy then I should be able to fire the son of a bitches
who don't make me happy

****ing assholes who expect me to make up for what the owners
won't pay had better grow up and get their ****ing attitudes
straightened out