MK

Default Roy's - in Austin,TX

about refills:
I'm currently debating my refill policy. Should I charge more for
everyone's drink and give "free" refills?
I currently sell a refill, any size for .50 . Current prices are .83 for 14
OZ , .97 for 2O OZ, 1.20 for 32 OZ and 1.29 for 44 OZ. This is quick
service.
mk
> wrote in message ...
> From my Austin.eats archive:
>
> "Article 7706 of austin.food:
news-client.cwru.edu!usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu!hermes.visi.co m!news-out.visi.com
> !newspeer.monmouth.com!news-feeds.jump.net!news.jump.net!not-for-mail
> From: Scott >
> Newsgroups: austin.food
> Subject: Roy Henry's Famous Waffles & Chicken
> Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 17:58:23 -0500

GMT)

> I found myself at Roy Henry's Famous Waffles and Chicken (1815 W. Ben
> White) this past weekend. It's not a combination I'm accustomed to, but
> after having ordered one of the house's special plates, I'm sure I've
> found one of the better examples of waffles and fried chicken in Austin.
>
> The place was nearly empty when my intrepid dining partner and I got
> there around 11 pm. The small building, reportedly a former fried
> chicken chain restaurant, was spotless and pleasant (in spite of the
> odd, green tint from the neon around the top of the dining area).
>
> We were seated and almost immediately introduced to Roy Henry himself. I
> got the impression that he wasn't there around the clock, but certainly
> would be if he didn't have another full-time job. His pitch was soft but
> sincere, so I bought it.
>
> Of course, I had to go for the combination plate that included one
> waffle and one thigh. Since I got the impression vegetables were also
> important at Roy Henry's, I opted for the yam casserole. My partner
> chose a more traditional combo of 2 waffles and a large link of sausage.
>
> The waffles are the thin sort (as opposed to the Belgian sort), and
> tasted of cinnamon and ginger. Topped with the pre-melted butter from a
> little metal creamer-type pitcher (another unfamiliar custom, but what
> the heck) and syrup, these waffles were good. The fried chicken was a
> giant, meaty thigh and the coating was crispy, tasty and sensibly
> applied. The chicken was a little drier than expected, but also very
> tasty.
>
> The sausage was one of the better "breakfast" sausages I've had from a
> place that doesn't specialize in the stuff. I don't eat a lot of
> sausage, but I liked it more than the little greasy Bob Evans links and
> patties you find elsewhere.
>
> One of the two minor disappointments of the meal was the yam casserole.
> It was too nutmeg-y for me to eat much of the mountain of stuff that
> came as a standard side dish. The other is that silly
> no-free-soda-refill policy that will hopefully change in the future.
>
> It's a bit of a drive from downtown for late-night eats, but if you're
> in the area, it's worth checking out.
>

> Cheers
> Scott
> "