Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Brewing beer (pseudo-lambic) with sourdough starter?

"Randall Nortman" > wrote in message ...
> Has anybody had any success or failure brewing a sour beer (I am
> thinking lambic style) using sourdough starter for the fermentation?
> I am well aware that the traditional lambic process is rather delicate
> and takes years to complete, so I'm quite aware that using sourdough
> culture is highly unlikely to result in something that tastes like
> true lambic, but I thought it might be an interesting experiment
> anyway. Anybody have any experience or suggestions?

I am getting together a kit of things that can be added to cheap beer to
make it taste and look wierd. But first I would like to perfect the drops
to go into grain alcohol to turn it into Jack Daniels, now that ethanol is
getting plentiful. I will keep you posted.

Also on my bench is the sourdough start that yields a ready-to-bake
loaf when it is dropped into water.

--
Dicky