Posted to rec.food.restaurants,nyc.food,nyc.general
Darrin Darrin is offline

Default Shoney's: Not exactly Manhattan cuisine!eheeee

Note to self: the next time you shlep to FLA by car, skip Shoney's
in Walterboro, SC! LOL! To those of you who are unaware,
Shoney's is a Southeastern restaurant chain. While the
breakfast buffet was good, the rest of the dining experience
was unsettling: dry steak, beverages that had a bitter
aftertaste, and a manager who believed that he was
overseeing a 4-star restaurant in Manhattan! LOL! I could
not believe it: he actually came over and asked how
everything was?eh I was afraid to tell him, lest I wanted
to end up tied to a tree and forced to squeal like a pig!ehee
-D, NYC "If food were a competitive sport, New York City
would have more gold medals than anywhere else in the world"
- TRACY NIEPORENT, Myriad Restaurant Group/NYC &
Company Restaurant Committee Chair.."New Yorkers spend
$11 billion a year eating out, making NY the restaurant capital
of the world" - JANE'S NY: RESTAURANTS (Jane Hansen,
NBC 4 NY - NBC World Headquarters at Rockefeller Center
- hub of broadcasting: home to Dateline, Nightly News with Brian
Williams,
SNL, The Today Show, Late Night With Conan O'Brien).."New York City
has
the zoo, aquarium, museums, fashion center, diamond center, U.N.,
Statue of Liberty; and it's got the Yanks and the Mets; and it's got
every kind of food but lousy; and it's the home of the one-namers
like
Harrison, Dustin, Calvin, Katie, Rosie, Bianca, Bernadette, Matt,
Bryant,
Vanessa, Julia, Halle, Gwyneth, Donald, Ivana, Puffy" - CINDY ADAMS
(umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYer, NY POST - oldest, continuously
published newspaper in America; founded by one of our founding
fathers
Alexander Hamilton).."In New York, even if you're Catholic, you're
Jewish. If
you live in Butte, Montana (or Walterboro, SC!eh), you're going to be
Goyish, even if you're Jewish!" eh - LENNY BRUCE (b. Leonard Alfred
Schneider, LI, NY - umpteenth sweet, Jewish NYer)