G.R.

Default How to Sell Product/Service into Restaurants?

We are developing this new product/service that is perfect for the
restaurant industry. We believe that once owners of restaurants know about
this, they will want to have it.

How do we get them to know about this and what would be the best way to sell
into restaurants?

Our first thought was direct mail but there is some interaction required at
the close process (which could in theory be done over the phone), but we
think using independent sales people that curently sell into restaurants
today would be more effective.

The way to make real money on this is to sell the service en-masse. I don't
want to necessarily hook up with a distributor or large company because the
margins are slim.

2 questions:
1) Is this how you would do it?
2) What is the easiest way to find and distribute my product/service to
these distibutors?

Thanks,

G.R.