Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,uk.politics.animals
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default ANIMAL RIGHTS BILL 1 - Tom Regan speaks.

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:XhQti.39249$fJ5.34707@pd7urf1no...
> pearl wrote:

> > Projection. Dr. Regan is a great speaker.

> If you like rude, condescending blowhards.

Projection. And isn't ~ball~ your idol?

> What colossal gall,
> addressing those other speakers as if they were naughty students who
> hadn't done their homework.

The boot fits. They wore it.

> Every one a highly respected person with
> more credibility in their little fingers than Regan can ever aspire to.

As if you'd know anything about credibility and respect.

> He just doesn't get it, they *read* those books, they DON'T AGREE with
> the arguments! They could have said, "Mr Regan, you fool, didn't you
> read *my* book? but they all have too much class to put on such a
> childish display.

He 'got' that their arguments reflected ignorance of the literature.

> Regan gets so much adulation from the converted, like you, that he
> believes his own press clippings. He's so typical of ARAs, he make me puke.

You're so full of hatred and jealousy, you're killing yourself.

'The Wannabe

Motivation: craves respect for being competent and
professional despite lacking in competence and professionalism
Mindset: deceptive
Malice: low to medium; when held accountable, medium to high

a.. similar to the attention-seeker
b.. is one of life's chronic underperformers and is best
described as ineffectual in everything
c.. craves undeserved respect and attention and will go to
considerable lengths to acquire them
d.. hangs around the fringes of a profession
e.. not professionally qualified but claims they are a
professional because they sit next to a professional or work
alongside or near or in the midst of professionals, or provide
services to professionals
f.. lacks the ability, competence and professionalism to be
a qualified professional
g.. wants so much to be seen as competent professional
person but is unable and unwilling to put in the work to
achieve this
h.. is unable and unwilling to apply knowledge gained
from experience but instead devotes time and effort to
improving skills of deception, manipulation, false claim,
denial and projection
i.. may have been rejected by their chosen profession
for lack of competence
j.. is spiteful towards and despises anyone who is qualified
in the profession from which the bully has been excluded by
virtue of lack of competence
k.. is likely to be vilifying the profession they want to
belong to or which they're claiming to be part of or which
they are claiming to represent
l.. displays a deep-seated envy and jealousy of the
professionals that he or she works alongside or claims to serve
m.. harbours a bitter resentment, grudge, distaste and
contempt for the professionals that he or she works alongside
or claims to serve
n.. is likely to be criticising, condemning, disadvantaging and
causing detriment to the professionals he or she works alongside
or claims to serve
o.. may seek positions of power over the professionals he
or she works alongside or claims to serve, perhaps to facilitate
a compulsion to criticise, condemn, disadvantage and cause
detriment
p.. is irresistibly drawn to organisations, roles and positions
which offer the wannabe power and control over the
professionals s/he despises (eg inspection regimes, approval
roles, regulatory bodies, ticksheet compliance schemes,
political correctness police, trade union official, etc) - and is
often described as a talentless jobsworth
q.. when in a position of power associates with and makes
alliances with or surrounds him or herself with clones, drones,
minions, fellow wannabes, sycophants and brown-nosers
r.. instinctively objects to any suggestion of change, reform,
improvement, progress or evolution, but has no viable or
positive alternatives of their own
s.. opposes every idea, suggestion, opinion, contribution or
reform on principle but has no original, positive, constructive
ideas or contributions of his or her own
t.. is likely to plagiarise and steal others' ideas which are
then put forward as their own
u.. may place undue emphasis or reliance on an old, minor
or irrelevant qualification to bolster their claim of belonging
to or deserving to belong to a profession
v.. may claim ambiguous or misleading or bogus or
fraudulent qualifications, associations and experience
w.. displays a superior sense of entitlement because they
associate with or serve higher performers
x.. emotionally immature
y.. controlling
z.. easily provoked
aa.. when challenged is adept at rewriting history to portray
themselves as competent, professional and successful, regardless
of multiple witnesses and overwhelming evidence to the contrary
ab.. quickly and loudly feigns victimhood when exposed and
held accountable, often repeatedly and loudly accusing the
person holding them accountable of being a bully
ac.. when held accountable makes conflicting and contradictory
threats and demands (eg demands apology but orders the other
person not to communicate with them)
ad.. when held accountable makes lots of loud but empty threats
(eg of legal action such as libel, slander, defamation etc)
ae.. only carries out threats of legal action when in the presence
of a superior serial bully, especially a sociopath type
af.. may indulge their jealousy and envy of professionals or those
they claim to serve by pursuing vindictive vendettas, sometimes
with the help of a superior serial bully, especially a sociopath type
ag.. is easily manipulated and controlled by a superior serial bully
ah.. may exploit some perceived vulnerability in self to ensure
drone loyalty
ai.. gives the appearance of loyalty to drones but will discard
them when they've served their purpose
....'
http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm#Wannabe