Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default pizza stone for outdoor grill??

"Kent" > wrote in message
. ..

> My problem has been that I have cracked three pizza stones. I'm trying to
> solve that and the best idea I've come up with so far is to shield the
> bottom of the stone from the fire with a metal pan of some sort. I'm still
> struggling, however.
>
> Kent,> constantly struggling to live with his level of ignorance.

Dear Kent,
If you have read the posting that a poster gave you regarding FibraMent,
what is your objection to it?
Have you called them to ally your concerns?
http://www.bakingstone.com/grilling.php

Because no baking stone can be exposed directly to flame, FibraMent for
Grills includes a protective metal pan. FibraMent is placed in the metal
pan while it bakes your favorite pizza.
Unquote.

I'd be considering this product very seriously and quit struggling ;-)

Dee, who bakes thin pizza in conventional oven, getting stones to 600º and
who takes bread baking and pizza making quite seriously.

Best of luck.