Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,uk.politics.animals
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default ANIMAL RIGHTS BILL 1 - Tom Regan speaks.

"pearl" > wrote in message news:...
> "Dutch" > wrote in message news:f2qti.32785$rX4.9684@pd7urf2no...
> > pearl wrote:
> > > "Dutch" > wrote

> Projection. Dr. Regan is a great speaker. Here's the link for others:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG1Ad...elated&search=
>
> > > What "valid points"

> > Watch the second video dimwit.

> I just watched it again. '... the work of ethologists, and so on...
> "we know _nothing_ about what is beneficial to other animals"?
> "We know *nothing* , -scientifically- about what is harmful or
> detrimental to other animals"?' Where /are/ you living, ditch?

Why do you believe that '"we should -not- mandate that
what is in their interest be protected as a matter of right."'?

It can only be because you consider your interests to be of
more value to you than the interests of others are to - you.
Your interests being as follows: eating "meat and gravy"and
financial profits of the animal exploitation industry. Can you
derive equal satisfaction and nutritional needs from a vegan
diet? Yes, and more, and anyway there is *no* comparing
a transient sensory pleasure to the life and killing of another.
Their loss is far greater if you take a rare moment to actually
consider what it is you are demanding attached to that pound
of flesh. As for financial benefit.. there's plenty to go around.
Get a better job, like in veganic horticulture, or as mr. balloon..