Skyhooks

Default New Orleans Restaurants - Holiday Season

Alright - I'll prelude with a statement that I have read the posts from
early-mid November regarding inquiries about New Orleans restaurants!
I've saved them all. But . . .

My father used to live in NO in the mid-1980s, and I remember well when
he took me to Mandina's for dinner! That trout almandine was something
else! I want to go there again!!!! What entrees from Mandinas (other
than the trout) is recommended???

I learned (at least not the hard way) that Mandina's doesn't take credit
cards, but it does have its own ATM machine (hey, I phoned!) -- not a
bad idea or business practice on Mandina's part!!

Now, it seems I may be in the New Orlean's area for the upcoming Holiday
Season, if I'm lucky!!! So, what other eateries compare in quality to
Mandina's, where I will definitely dine, if not more than once! I want
variety (give me oysters, shrimp & crab!!!)!!

I may stay in the Mandeville area, so any information I can get will be
worthwhile - I hope (?). But, I may move around between Slidell &
Metarie & Westwegao & Gretna - I dunno -- that's why I ask here! Don't
forget - I used to know the area twenty years ago - does that qualify
nowadays?

Also, what eateries can be recommended for Christmas Day
brunch/dinner??? I'd like to find a "good" spread/buffet! Please,
nothing too fancy, just good food and variety with plentiful
shellfish!!!!! TIA.

Skyhooks
hmardis "aht" uiuc "daught" edu

"reply to" address munged -- read line above for correct addy.