Richard Kaszeta

Default New Orleans restaurant recommendations sought

> writes:
> I will be in New Orleans for about a week toward the end of November,
> and would be grateful for recommendations of restaurants, sandwich
> shops and cafes.
>
> I am particularly interested in homey, informal, authentic places that
> cater primarily to local residents, rather than high-end, touristy
> restaurants.

I end up in New Orleans a lot on business, and have gotten rather
tired of the tourisy places, but still have some favorites. For
inexpensive good eats:

Mother's, 401 Poydras, a few blocks north of Harrah's. Get the
"Debris Po-boy" for lunch, or the ham biscuit for breakfast.
Absolutely, positively my first stop every time I pass through NO.

If you're in the French Quarter, it's hard to avoid touristy places,
but if you're looking for something a little less touristy in that
area, I usually like Remoulade (corner of Bienville and Bourbon).
It's a lower-key restaurant from the folks that run Arnaud's.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich