pltrgyst

Default New Orleans restaurant recommendations sought

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:38:55 GMT, > wrote:

>I am particularly interested in homey, informal, authentic places that
>cater primarily to local residents, rather than high-end, touristy
>restaurants.

High end, mix of locals and tourists, off the beaten path (not French
Quarter), only big name chef in NO who's in his kitchen every night,
fabulous: Brigtsen's. Homey 'cause it's in a house.

High end, mix of locals and tourists, off the beaten path (not French
Quarter), mainly husband-and-wide operation: Gabrielle.

Terrific French neighborhhod, very few tourists, decently hard to
find, and the one place we eat every time we're in NO: La Crepe Nanou.

If you want to avoid the most tourists, just stay away from the
Brennans' empire.

-- Larry