Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default pizza stone for outdoor grill??

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:55:56 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>....The standard stones tend to crack because of the high grate heat
>underneath, and the sudden change in temp. on the top
>when you open the hood. At least I have wiped out two that way.

Mine, often at 750 deg.F on my grill, is ten years old, and has no problem
handling the heat, or the opened lid, or food being placed on it.

An identical stone in my oven is ten years old, goes through all the
self-cleaning cycles, and has had no problems when the door is opened at 550+,
or food is placed on it at that temperature.

>I've never felt you could do a decent pizza on the grill. At least mine have
>flopped.

Our grilled pizzas are wonderful. Those at Al Forno in Providence are out of
this world.

Your problems seem to have only one element in common, from your posting: you.
8

-- Larry