BW

Default restaurant thrills

I'm researching the thrill of food. I'm looking through all the sub
groups in rec.food looking for answers. Can you help answer the
specific question "What thrills you about restaurants?"

Is it the thrill of accidentally finding a fantastic new place to eat,
watching an amazing chefs create your meal, or the taste explosion of
fabulous food. Or maybe the restaurant has been an important element
to some other thrilling life event – marriage proposal, surprise
birthday party, or a chance encounter… The possibilities are endless.

I am a research fellow at the Royal College of Art, England. As part
of my current work I'm trying to find out what thrills people, how and
why. I'm aiming to create a stimulating resource of material to
inspire new design work.

As part of the process, I'm taking time to travel across the Google
User Groups and read past articles about the thrill of that particular
interest. Some interesting past articles have popped up in R.F.R . I'd
like to know more about your experiences of thrill related in some way
to your passion for restaurants.

I invite anyone at R.F.R take a short interview. The result will be
published on the website www.chromo11.com, along with a growing
collection of other interviews from all walks of life. You can see the
interview at www.chromo11.com/interview16 along with instructions on
how to complete it. (it can be done off-line).

We can talk further in this user-group (please be patient at it takes
me a couple of days to revisit each group) - but it's most
constructive to have any comments put forward in the interview format.
Even though this isn't scientific research, the interview is
constructed to help me understand your experiences.

I hope you can help, I think it'll make a fantastic edition to the
growing thrill collection.

Thanks

Brendan Walker
+44 (0)20 7590 4573