Stan

Default Best restaurants for tourists in NYC?

On 10/12/03 11:20 AM, in article
, "William Prien"
> wrote:

> Hello,
> I need some recommendations for restaurants in New York City.
> I lived in Manhattan for a few years, and recently moved to Long
> Island.
> But in a couple of weeks one of my cousins(from TX) and her husband
> are going to come into NYC just for a day, and I'll be taking them
> around for a very brief tour of the city. I am wondering what would be
> the "must-visit" restaurants for lunch and dinner? I am not sure if
> we'll want the touristy places like Planet Hollywood or a really nice
> place with great food.
> Any ideas in the Times Square or South Street Seaport areas? Any ideas
> would be greatly appreciated!
> Private emails are welcome too!
>

> William

Just west of Times Square, 9th Ave. and 43rd. St. then upward for 10 blocks
or so are any number of great little restaurants of all different
ethnicities. You might want to take a stroll and choose one that's to your
liking. Also, 46th St. between 8th & 9th Ave. is "Restaurant Row" with a
bunch more options that are slightly more upscale. Of these, the prix fixe
homemade pasta dinner at Becco (355 West 46th St.) is excellent.

-Stan