Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_2_] st.helier[_2_] is offline

Default Hunter Valley

Joseph Coulter wrote:

>>> With any luck, Qantas willing, I am going to be in Australia next
>>> month (sorry St Helier NZ gets missed n this one).

> Might add that one of my first really nice wines was in Sydney during R
> and R I ate a nicer restaurant in King's Cross- no comments please. I
> had a cabernet S from some valley (back in 71) I recall the wine being
> almost better thant the steak!

So near, yet so far - have a great trip to Oz; just keep NZ on your
"to do" list.

As coincidence would have it, in '71 I was living, working and
studying in Sydney, living in Potts Points (suburb adjoining Kings
Cross). I used to suppliment my meagre earnings by playing pool,
against US R&R visitors from Viet Nam (all too many thought that they
were Minnesota Fats!!!). They could never come to grips with playing
pool on a full sized snooker table !!!

st.helier

st.helier