Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Derek[_2_] Derek[_2_] is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:49:07 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>"Derek" > wrote in message ...

>> >Threads can appear on quite a few forums as searchable web pages.
>> >There is nothing "spiteful" about my web page.

>> [Spiteful implies a mean or malicious desire for (often petty) revenge.]
>> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spiteful

>I do know what the word "spiteful" means. Not on my path.
>
>> >Ball has continually,
>> >spitefully, and IMMORALLY slandered many people on these groups
>> >over the years, myself included obviously, and my web page is a fun
>> >and convenient way to let others know exactly what we're dealing with.

>> I used to think of it in that way, but I've come to think of it as
>> spiteful,
>> [a desire to inflict a wrong or injury on someone, usually in
>> return for one received.]
>> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spiteful

>And you'll no doubt choose to continue to think of it in that way

Of course, because there's no doubt that your web page
is spiteful,

[Spiteful implies a mean or malicious desire for (often petty)
revenge.]

[a desire to inflict a wrong or injury on someone, usually in
return for one received.]

>due to *your* spiteful feelings towards me.

No, due to the given definition of the term "spiteful", not due
to my feelings toward you. Like you say, "And [I'll] no doubt
choose to continue to think of it in THAT WAY." Rupert
should no better than to give in to "petty revenge". You, well,
maybe you don't know any better and can be excused.