Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

On Aug 1, 6:28 pm, Derek > wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:41:23 -0700, Rupert > wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> >Let me get this straight, Ball. I am perfectly happy to sign my full
> >name and photo to all my Internet activity. You, apparently, are a bit
> >uncomfortable with the idea that, within a few days, anyone will be
> >able to type your name into Google and find a record of this debate.

> You've provided much more than just that, you spiteful little
> prick, including a link to Lesley's spiteful little page, so take
> it down. If anyone wants to find a record of your arguments
> with him they can go through Google archives and find them
> in the usual way. There's certainly no need to publish his
> whereabouts and a photograph of him alongside your
> arguments, so take it down and stop being spiteful.

I've taken down the photo and the extra page I added. That's what a
nice guy I am. As for the question of having his full name up there,
he'll have to develop his negotiating skills if he wants me to get rid
of that. Perhaps he'll come to realize that it could be much worse.

I really find it extraordinary that you feel entitled to take the
moral high ground with me in the light of your behaviour towards Karen
Winter. I think Karen Winter had a lot more at stake than Jon Ball is
likely to have at stake with my silly little webpage. It hardly gets
any hits.

As Lesley says, there's plenty of public evidence of Jon Ball's net
activity. Try typing "Jonathan Ball animal rights" into Google. I
really don't know what he was making such a fuss about.

I basically regard this as trivial. My Google Groups profile has a
link to my website with my full name, photo, and CV. So I guess I find
it hard to empathize with Jon Ball's desire for privacy. Maybe he
should have thought of that when he first started posting using his
real name. As I say, if you think the right to privacy is so important
I really don't see how you can rationalize your behaviour towards
Karen Winter.

Anyway. The most recent changes I made to the webpage are gone. I'm
such a nice guy. Can't say fairer than that, now can you?